Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Jumpin into Spring!


After much stress of moving out, moving in, and getting settled in a new place, things are finally starting to look better. It's been a hard adjustment from living in Heritage, where everywhere you go you have a friend or a neighbor that you can hang out with, to...knowing absolutely no one except your roommates. This has definitely been a challenge for me. The first week just seemed to drag on forever. I began Spring term right by skipping my first class, mostly because it was pouring rain outside and I was too tired to get up. But no worries, I haven't skipped since! I am enjoying only taking 6 credits, Astronomy with Alex and Melissa, and also Floral Design which I'm super excited about. We start making floral arrangements on Thursday! I have to admit that as I began finally unpacking the hundreds of boxes of stuff (ok that may be a little bit of an exaggeration, but I had a lot), I realized that I have wayyy too much stuff! I got rid of about 2 garbage bags full of stuff and took it to Plato's Closet to see if I could get anything for it. Only $17. 40, but that' better than nothing. Also getting pretty desperate on the money situation, I took all my coins from my froggy bank to coinstar and got 60 bucks! That was exciting! That definitely went in the bank. Leah was so helpful when it came to cleaning and organizing my room...I honestly couldn't have done it without her. But now it is finally clean enough that I can live in there.
Finally Done :)
Now that I can live in my room, I enjoy taking frequent naps after class in my my nice big bed :) I'm not exactly sure why I got the queen size bed, I guess just because it wouldn't fit anywhere else, but I'm definitely not complaining! After about noon, I find myself bored out of my mind because I have no motivation to do homework and I don't have a job yet, so it's not too exciting. I have been looking and applying to jobs though...so no one can say I'm not trying. But I hate applying for jobs and just working in general, another part of growing up. I just miss the old days when I was a child and my mom cooked me breakfast and bought me back to school clothes and I didn't have to pay to live in our house. If only....But I am learning a lot and as much as I hate growing up and living on my own with my own responsibilities, it is preparing me for the future which I guess is a good thing. I am also hoping to write on my blog more often so check back to see if I have any more posts :)


No comments:

Post a Comment